Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Welcome to Chicken Sketches

Welcome to my new blog. You probably came from my other blog, Two Ton Chicken. If not, Hi. I'm Dollar Ben. You might be wondering why I'm doing this. Well that is because I love animation and want to share my views on it, especially because I can't draw. As the saying goes: Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, teach gym. And those who can't teach gym because that is not a viable alternative to the subject at hand, complain on the internet. Animation does not get the respect it deserves with people writing off most animated projects as just kids stuff. They treat animation as a genre instead of a style. While animators and other artists are making headway on this (like those at Pixar and former Cartoon Network alumni like Craig McCrackenLauren Faust and Genndy Tartakovsky) every voice counts. As the other saying goes "An animator is an actor with a pencil." We are at a tipping point if you ask me, and I want to be a part of it. There are lots of new chance taking shows like Batman: The Brave and the BoldMy Little Pony: Friendship Is MagicGurren Lagann and Adventure Time. But we also have Cartoon Network itself bringing us LIVE ACTION SHOWS!!! and spending more and more time on it's 'mature' [adult swim] shows (some of which are also live action). So what is my role in this? Probably the bare minimum since I have next to no fame to bank on and all my animation knowledge is self taught, but I'll do my best. And whether you agree with me or not, just remember that it's just my two cents. (for those of you who are new, that's my catch phrase.)

No comments:

Post a Comment